Friday, August 13, 2004

An Email to Marty

Mr. Gottlieb,

I have to take exception with this assertion in your
latest editorial posted on DDN's website:

"“As our (domestic) opponents see it, the problem
isn’t the thugs and murderers we face — but our
attitude.”

Shouting that line wouldn’t make it any sillier;
saying it softly doesn’t make it any better."

It does make sense. All I ever hear from liberals and
Democrats is how "arrogant" this President is. That
sounds an awful lot like "attitude" to me.

And ask yourself, what does it mean that John Kerry
has admitted that he would have voted for the war even
knowing what he knows now. To me, that says the
problem isn't the "thugs and murderers we face."

And then there is this:

"At another point in the speech, Cheney said,
according to the text released beforehand, “In the
aftermath of the first terrorist attack on the World
Trade Center, Sen. Kerry put forward two measures to
gut the intelligence budget by $7.5 billion.” (Here’s
guessing that some people thought he meant after 9/11.
I did.)

He doesn’t say that the big picture at the time of the
1993 bombing was the end of the Cold War and that just
about everybody was still looking for cuts in military
and intelligence spending."

Republicans are well aware of the 1993 bombing of the
WTC. President Clinton's "response" (for lack of a
better word) is part of what makes this President's
action mean so much more. al Qaeda didn't declare war
on the United States on September 11, 2001, we were
already at war. That a journalist of your stature
didn't know that is astounding.

I appreciate your work; I've read you for quite some
time. I rarely agree with everything you have to say
and this time it just appears you're out of your
element covering a Republican.

Is my assessment incorrect?

Sincerely,
MATT HURLEY
www.gemcity.blogspot.com

8/16 Update

Marty reponds:
Thanks for the note.
You're welcome...I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home